Thursday, November 15, 2007

You're too young for that!

My perfect little sweetie, isn't being so sweetie lately. She'll be 4 in January and suddenly, for the last couple of weeks, she's into everything! She especially loves big sister's room. One morning she got up with pink and blue nail polish on. At night, when she was suppose to be going to sleep, she went in her big sister's room and decided to paint her toenails. She used the whole bottle. She got it all over her pajamas, her blanket, and her rug. Let me tell you, nail polish remover does not work on taking polish off rugs. I had to cut it off.

Yesterday she decided to use a ball point pen to play her brother's Nintendo DS. I had to send it in to Nintendo to have the screen replaced. It cost me $54. Brother was not happy.

Today she walked in the room:

"Hi Mommy!"

"Hi. What are you up to?"

"Nothing."

"What did you do?"

"Nothing."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I was just sitting there watching tv."

"OK then. Come give mommy a hug and a kiss."

(She gave me a hug and a kiss.)

Sniff, sniff.

"You pooped your pants. That what you did!"

Smile.

"Let's go upstairs and change your pants."

(We went upstairs. I pulled down her pants. Guess what I found in her underwear? A maxi pad!)

"What's this?" (as I try to hide my smile)

"I got it in here!" (showing big sister where she robbed her stash)

"Well, don't take those anymore. You're too young for that."

(Now big sister and I are both trying to hide our laughter. I don't think it worked, though. When dad got home she proudly showed him what she used from the cupboard.)

Oh, I almost forgot. Right after this happened, I told her to go get her pants on and I went to call my mom to tell her the story. After we finished laughing our heads off, I went to see if her pants were on yet. They were, but so was big sister's perfume. It was all through her hair. It wasn't pretty. Big sister wasn't laughing this time. She was mad at first. Then she was relieved to find out it wasn't her Hollister perfume. I don't know what happened to her! I guess I'll just have to watch her every second until this stage passes. I hope it's soon!

7 comments:

suchsimplepleasures said...

HILARIOUS!!!! the maxi pad thing...i'm so glad my youngest is a boy! my daughters never got into my stash...thank god. they do, however, find their way into my make up and perfume. that makes for NOT a happy mommy! thanks for stopping by and commenting!!!

Cindy Breninger said...

Hehe, that was pretty funny! :)
Cindy
www.adayinthelifeofcindy.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

That was hilarious! Kids are such busy bodies.....I see my nieces getting into things all the time and they ALWAYS give you that "who me?" look when they get caught in the act....This is a story that will make great blackmail someday! Perhpas at a graduation or wedding even LOL :))

Shellie said...

How funny! So cute! My kids dismantle tampons and build things with them. Your girl obviously admires her sister a lot and wants to be like her.

Anonymous said...

I have to say, this is my fav. of all your posts!!!

Suburban Correspondent said...

Yes, that sounds familiar....

Amy said...

Yikes!
I found my just turned 4 year old climbing up the shelves in our linen closet trying to get a flashlight on the top shelf.
I'm going to need to keep a closer eye on her.