Sunday, November 11, 2007

Bed wetting

My 3 year old (almost 4) is still wearing pull ups to bed! I think it's time I get busy. They're too expensive to buy and I hate having to wash her up and change her every morning. I think my son was 4 when I decided enough was enough and I started the routine. I let him wear underwear to bed, but I limited his drinks after dinner. I made sure he used the bathroom before he went to sleep. I even got him up at night to go. I must admit it was not fun carrying a big 4 year old to the bathroom every night, but I think it worked! He started waking up dry. I know getting him up doesn't teach him to wake himself up, but I think maybe it taught him the urge to only go when he was on the potty. Starting tonight I'm trying this on my daughter. We'll see if it works! Does anyone else have any ideas on kicking the bed wetting habit?

No comments: