Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Busy Schedules


Our 13 and 11 year olds just finished their season of cross country. Meets were Thursdays and Saturdays. Practices for daughter were Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Practices for son were Tuesdays and Thursdays. It was fun, but I was glad to have some of my time back again. Just as I was counting the money I'd be saving in gas, 11 year old calls from school:
"Mom? Did you remember me telling you today is basketball tryouts?"

"No."

"Well I did. Can you pick me up at 5:30?"

"Sure!"

It's nice to watch your kid play a sport, but it's not too fun for the 7 and 3 year olds. I'm also not one to over schedule my kids. I don't feel like they HAVE to play a sport. I want them to have time to just play outside with their friends. I guess when you have 4 kids, if they just play 1 sport at a time, it's a full schedule for me. I told my son it's not the end of the world if he doesn't make the team. He said he didn't care if he got cut, but he really wants to make the team! My 7 year old does boy scouts and intramural basketball. My 11 year old already plays intramural basketball. How do you NOT have a busy schedule?

Son made it through the first cut today. Tomorrow he finds out if he makes the team. Wish him luck! (AND ME!)

No comments: